Tuesday, 16 February 2010

I read a lot more than you think

The hoo-has surrounding of the 'decision NOT to have the maulidur rasul march' this year in Penang become a controversy. I’m not a politician nor an extremist to talk about it. It just came up in mind to peel this issue. For me even if the federal government did ban, it doesn’t even matter. We muslims should have deep knowledge and ask ourself if the procession was ban, will it be haram and contrary in Islam. I do not find it anywhere in the Al-Quran or As-Sunnah saying that it is a must for a march.

Maybe someone should point out something in the religious text about the celebration to prove me wrong. Before this the government did directed marching function designed to allow a legitimate march on the streets. I am not saying that we should not go marching on the street and shout allegiance to the Prophet, but then again what's the goal.? Or is it just merely showing off that we are good Muslims.?

We must analytically distinguish the difference between worship and culture. Our prophet Muhammad never prompted a PE(sabda) of a parade on his birth. From my point of view, our love to Muhammad is not merely showed through marching but how much our blessings and remembrance to him. Each minute we live, are we remembering him and saying our salawat.? Religion is a very personal thing. I realize as a person I’m too jahil to even spout out these things. But ask honestly to yourself. Is this really what our beloved Rasullullah commands us to do? Or is this just a legitimate political avenue to take on to the streets under a perceived threat in the name of Islam - which I see is going to happen in Penang soon.

A better approach of having Perhimpunan ummah, having special prayers, recounting the life of the prophet are better ways to celebrate our Prophets. Don’t you think.?

1 comment:

  1. aku stuju la dgn ape yang kau kupaskan ni..menarik!..suka~~~.kayra the best..

    ReplyDelete